The new Met Station One (MSO) weather station combines five of the most popular meteorological measurements into one simple, economical package, allowing for efficient and accurate comprehensive weather monitoring to be added to any existing site or new installation.
The MSO features wind speed, wind direction, temperature, relative humidity, and barometric pressure sensors. A rainfall measurement option can be added by integrating a tipping bucket rain gage directly into the serial message being outputted by the MSO, or by simply connecting it to another port on a data logger shared with the MSO.
The pre-assembled MSO is ready for immediate deployment and includes u-bolt hardware for mounting to a pole, mast, or pipe. The air temperature, humidity, and barometric pressure sensors are housed in a solar radiation shield positioned below the mechanical wind direction and speed sensor.
Met Station One Features:
- Unit ships fully assembled and ready to deploy right out of the box.
- Based on proven Met One MET sensor line.
- Readings can be output in both English or Metric units.
- Standard outputs include RS-232 and SDI-12, optional RS-485 or RS-422 outputs are available upon request.
- MSO ships with 50 feet of cable.
MSO Wind Speed and Direction Specifications:
- Wind Speed Range: 0 – 50 m/sec (may be set to mph)
- Wind Speed Resolution: 0.1 m/sec (may be set to mph)
- Wind Speed Accuracy: ± 2%
- Wind Direction Range: 0 – 360°
- Wind Direction Resolution: 1°
- Wind Direction Accuracy: ± 5°
- Threshold, both Speed & Direction: 1 m/sec (may be set to mph)
MSO Temperature and Humidity Specifications:
- Temperature Range: -40°C to +60°C (may be set to Fahrenheit)
- Temperature Resolution: 0.1°C (may be set to Fahrenheit)
- Temperature Accuracy: ± 0.5°C (may be set to Fahrenheit)
- Relative Humidity Range: 0 - 100%
- Relative Humidity Resolution: 1%
- Relative Humidity Accuracy: ± 4%
MSO Barometric Pressure Specifications:
- Measurement Range: 500 – 1100 mbars (may be set to inHg)
- Measurement Resolution: 0.1 mbar (may be set to inHg)
- Measurement Accuracy: ± 2 mbars (may be set to inHg)