Frequent monitoring of soil and groundwater quality is traditionally a labor-intensive job. This is also the case if saltwater intrusion or contamination at remediation sites needs to be monitored.
The new CTD-Diver by Schlumberger Water Services now sets the standard for reliability and longevity in groundwater quality monitoring. The CTD-Diver is a fully stand-alone sensor with built-in data logger and battery. The compact ceramic casing and sensor and unparalleled conductivity measuring range (0-120 mS/cm) make the CTD-Diver suitable for use at every measuring site.
The CTD-Diver is impervious to the most aggressive substances found in water environments. Its ceramic casing resists when even the strongest metals yield.
CTD-Diver is a highly reliable, compact probe for the simultaneous measuring of groundwater level, temperature, and conductivity. These parameters are measured at time intervals pre-determined by the user. The measured values are stored in the probe's non-volatile internal memory and can be read out at any given time.
In addition to internal data storage, the CTD-Driver can be connected to an external data logger, such as the Stevens DataLogic 3000, or data telemetry systems with the Diver-DCX SDI-12 output adapter, allowing the Diver to be used for real-time data monitoring applications.
Manual data download in the field from a Diver's internal storage can be done by utilizing the optional USB Interface Cable and connecting the diver directly to a desktop or laptop PC.
- Pumping and slug tests
- Watershed, drainage basin and recharge areas
- Stream gauging, lake levels and reservoirs
- Harbor and tidal fluctuation monitoring
- Wetlands and stormwater run-off monitoring
- Long term water level monitoring
- All intensive monitoring of groundwater levels
- Groundwater monitoring projects
- Groundwater monitoring network automation
Specifications (please see datasheet for full specs):
- Depth Ranges: 33 ft (10 m), 164 ft (50 m), 328 ft (100 m)
- Conductivity Range: 10 µS/cm to 120 mS/cm
- Conductivity Accuracy: ± 1.0 % of reading
- Conductivity Resolution: ± 0.1 % of reading
- Compensated Operating Temp: 32 °F to 122 °F (0 °C to 50 °C)
- Temperature Accuracy: ± 0.18 °F
- Temperature Resolution: 0.018 °F
- Size: 5.31 in x Ø0.86 in
- Weight: 3.5 oz