Excellent opportunity to work under a mentor to learn full-cycle or fill in gaps you may have while supporting a growing company. Hours can be flexible but need to be consistent once agreed upon. Position can scale up to match the candidate's potential.
If you think this is for you, you must answer some questions and submit them with your resume and cover letter. Resumes reflecting less than 2 years of actual, hands-on, accounting job experience won't be considered. Bookkeeping Independent Contractors or Services are NOT currently being considered, thank you.
1) What aspect of this opportunity is most interesting to you?
2) Why did you choose Accounting for your career path?
3) What are 3 goals you have set for yourself in the next 2-5 years?
Title: Accounting Support Specialist (Part-time w/ hours & duties to scale up)
Role: Full Cycle Accounting/Bookkeeping
Position Purpose Statement/Objective
The Accounting Support Specialist contributes to the overall success of the organization by: maintaining accurate, timely, and relevant financial records.
- At all times adheres to, promotes, and affirms the company culture, vision, mission, and core values
- Weekly & monthly Sales Reports in Excel
- Support & learn financial reporting process
- Maintain accounts, ledgers, and reporting systems ensuring compliance with appropriate GAAP standards and regulatory requirements
- Accounts Receivable, Cash Receipts, Accounts Payable, Purchasing Payables, Reconciliations
- Data mining & manipulation for reporting in Excel
- Learn & process payroll in a timely manner and in accordance with all local, state, federal regulations
- Reconcile payroll benefits deductions to ensure proper withholdings and submissions to providers are accurate
- Process benefit renewals, enrollments, cancellations
- Ensure that all balance sheet accounts are reconciled timely each month
- Associates degree in business, preferably in Accounting
- Data Entry, 10-Key, Word Processing, Intermediate to Advanced Excel
- Analytical, Problem Solving, Communication
- Detail Oriented, Desire to learn, Takes Ownership
- Honest, Flexible, Resourceful
- Desire to grow career in Accounting
- 2-5 years' of hands on A/R, A/P, reconciliation experience