MEASUREMENTS TO MIND
UNIQUE DATA PROCESSING AND NETWORK CONNECTIVITY FOR TRUE DIRECT CLOUD CONNECTIVITY.
Getting environmental data to the point of actionable information has historically compartmentalized the data flow path into separate components—sensors, datalogger, telemetry, power management, software.
MEASUREMENTS TO MIND (M2M) is a growing suite of Stevens products that embraces cloud-computing with an all-inclusive vision of shortening the communication path from the sensors to data on-line. That is, what the sensors MEASURE the MIND sees. Cloud computing and the rapidly expanding “Internet of Things” is merging this communication path into a complete, integrated system that is all configured, controlled, and interacted with on-line, from one central point.
- meticulous dedication to RELIABILITY through power conservation
- commitment to unrivalled SIMPLICITY
- advanced engineering that dramatically LOWERS THE COST of installing and maintaining an environmental monitoring station.
Just add sensors and go. Configure the station and access insightful information—not just data—any time from any device via the cloud software.
Any sensors. Any type of system. Any application.
Smart data verification, redundancy and status reporting built in. Unheard-of power efficiencies and 2-way communication for inexpensive remote station access and control.
Stevens offers the simplicity, flexibility and reliability of M2M communications in three unique products for remote monitoring applications:
Reliable, 2-way cellular modem that’s easy to set up.
Eliminate the need for a datalogger and connect sensors directly to the cloud via cellular.
Remote power cycling and intelligent power management.
Efficient cloud-based access for monitoring data anytime, anywhere.
Benefits of M2M
- Maximum reliability of data collection and transmittal: Runs in ultra-low power mode when not transmitting or receiving data, yet still able to trigger or be triggered, providing consistent responsiveness and ensuring no data is missed.
- Data protection: A large (8K) data buffer on Cell-Net allows storage of data during periods of cellular communication failure, such as when cellular networks are overloaded, ensuring collected data is not lost (data can still be collected even when it can’t be transmitted). eTracker logs ALL data on a standard SD card (up to 4 GB storage).
- Data redundancy: Prior data set can be transmitted with current data set to avoid missing critical data transmissions caused by busy cellular communication networks.
- Data connection verification: Before transmission, connection to the cellular network and the HTTP/FTP server is verified. Data is saved to the buffer for the next scheduled transmission if after several attempts the connection cannot be verified.
- Predict and prevent problems: Station and transmission health and performance data can be included in each transmission:
- battery voltage
- GPS date/time
- internal temperature
- MEID or IMEI number
Set up instant notifications of problems that have occurred or will likely occur without having to monitor status, and ensure data will always flow.
Lower your station purchase and maintenance costs
- Extreme power efficiency means reduced power system requirements, yet still providing 2-way communications, low cellular data cost and the high data throughput you can’t get with GOES or other satellite telemetry.
- Eliminate the cost, hassle and additional power draw of a datalogger: Cell-Net connects directly to a smart (logging) sensor, eTracker connects directly to any analog or SDI-12 sensors. It’s “plug-and-play”—no special cables required.
- All configuration and programming can be done at any time from any device.
- Eliminates trips to the site to reconfigure datalogger or diagnose problems.
- Allows long-term cellular deployments with a greatly reduced need for site visits.
The easiest way to connect your station to the cloud
- Both Cell-Net and eTracker handle the connection of any serial data received through the RS-232 port to an IP destination. No special cables, no other hardware, no need to purchase, install, configure or update proprietary software. No need to hire programmers or consultants.
- Web-based device management application requires no training or special knowledge to setup or configure.
Flexibility to get your data how and when you want it
- Multiple ways to trigger a transmission: transmit data based on schedule, or triggered by external logger/sensor, after scheduled collection, or after data buffer reaches set size.
- Reconfigure at will: Configuration can be changed at any time from any computer or smartphone with an Internet connection.
- Any destination for your data: Retrieve data any way you want, from 3rd-party software to raw data in a universally accessible location and format. Data can be sent to any HTTP/HTTPS or FTP destination via HTTP, FTP, IP or any combination of these protocols.
- Any carrier: Can be ordered pre-provisioned or use your own choice of cellular service. Any carrier (GSM or CDMA).