Title:POGO Technical Support Advisor
Location:Portland, Oregon, USA
Reports to:VP of POGO Business Unit
Direct Reports:none at this time
About POGO and Stevens Water Monitoring Systems
POGO is a professional, all in one system obtaining superior insight into golf and sports turf conditions allowing better decisions to be made efficiently and cost effectively for presenting the finest turf conditions possible to our customers.
We are a part of the privately held Stevens Water Monitoring Systems Inc. business, which was founded in 1911 and has been innovating water and soil monitoring solutions ever since. With a focus on simplicity, innovation, and efficiency we strive to grow profitably while helping to improve the environment we all live in and share.
The POGO Technical Support Advisor function is responsible for managing customer relationships, providing customer support to a high standard while managing customer issues through to resolution. The role is responsible for delivering strong customer relationships. The Technical Support Advisor delivers solutions and coordinates to tight guidelines while taking care of incoming requests and identifying the appropriate priority and action to be undertaken e.g. handle service requests, resolve incidents, identify and resolve problems proactively. This is to ensure smooth flow of work and ensure we are exceeding customer expectations. All customer requests are logged, controlled and monitored to meet our level of strict service standards.
- Handle all levels of incoming technical and customer support questions from internal and external customers providing prompt, accurate answers.
- Provide efficient technical troubleshooting support for TurfPro Cloud, and both the Android and iOS TurfPro Mobile apps as well related POGO and weather station hardware.
- Relay pertinent product information from customers to the team so the team can continue to improve its products and services.
- Identify sales opportunities, submitting leads to drive appropriate cross-sell and up-sell opportunities to the customer base.
- Prepare and conduct internal and external training on the use and application of the POGO family of products and services.
- Participate in alpha and beta testing of new products and services
- Follow up on SaaS subscription renewals, trade show leads and leads generated from digital marketing campaigns.
- Enter product and service orders and Return Goods Authorization as required.
- Other duties as required.
- Utilize Goldmine and Quotewerks software to ensure timely processing of quotation requests and customer orders.
- Use Microsoft Teams and Zendesk to track and monitor technical support tickets.
- Review technical support inquiries on a daily basis and respond directly. Utilize Company processes to resolve, document, and communicate problems without delay.
- Maintain CRM system with current sales order dates, lost sales, and closed sales.
- Contribute to, develop and maintain POGO customer support knowledge base.
Knowledge, Experience & Capabilities
- Understanding of cellular, LAN and wireless communications.
- Understanding of data collection hardware and software a plus.
- Knowledge and understanding of Android and Apple iOS operating systems for portable applications.
- Knowledge of the game(s) of golf, soccer, baseball, softball, rugby, lacrosse, field hockey, football a plus.
- Golf and sports turf management terminology and nomenclature a plus.
- Agronomy knowledge and turfgrass management practices and challenges relevant to our customers in the golf and sports turf industry a plus.
- Education requirement: BA/BS, or AAS/certificate in turfgrass science, agronomy, ag science desired, or minimum of BA/BS or AA/AS in non-ag discipline.
- A certificate in turfgrass management and 3 years experience working on a golf course or sports turf field a plus, but not required.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in a customer service or technical support advisor role interacting with end users on a daily basis to resolve questions or complaints.
- Social media savvy is a plus.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish is a plus.
Critical technical, professional and personal capabilities
- Customer Focus – candidate must be dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of external customers and clients; obtains first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customer in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Resilience – candidate must be able to recover rapidly from adversity, change or misfortune; must have the ability to bounce back from difficult situations; have the capacity to make realistic plans and take steps to carry them out; candidate must have a positive view of self and confidence in his/her strengths and abilities.
- Integrity and Trust – candidate must be widely trusted; seen as a direct, truthful individual; can present the unvarnished truth in an appropriate and helpful manner; keeps confidences; admits mistakes; doesn’t misrepresent him/herself for personal gain.
- Effective Teamwork – Initiates and participates in teams when needed; contributes to team morale and spirit; shares in the wins and successes; fosters open dialogue; encourages people to be responsible for their work; displays high collaboration skills.
- Interpersonal Savvy – Relates well to all kinds of people inside and outside the organization; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can diffuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
- Enjoys meeting new people and builds trust very quickly. Strong listener with ability to offer a professional response at all times.
- Computing – Basic operation of Microsoft Office Suite – Office 365, Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint required to perform job function. Knowledge of and/or experience with Android and Apple iOS mobile operating systems.
Critical success factors & key challenges
- Ability to work in tandem with internal new product development staff, and outside Regional Sales Management staff to ensure that our products and services exceed customer expectations.
- Demonstrated experience providing telephone, and/or on-line support of SaaS solutions.
- Professional demeanor when interacting with customers who may be frustrated, or confused with the products or services.
- Travel Requirements overnight up to 10%.
- Ability to work on virtual teams.
- Must be able to carry display units, coolers with beverages, tables/chairs etc. during internal and external field events.