Avo is a complete monitoring station platform. It includes all hardware, software and services needed for data acquisition, cloud-based data storage, viewing and analysis. It makes any sensor data easily accessible and the station remotely configurable.
Just add sensors.
Connector port for solar panel (or AC/DC adapter). IP67-rated.
Sensor connector port (expandable via sensor expansion adapter). IP67-rated.
NEMA 4x, 12, 13 enclosure (IP66, IP52, IP54)
SIM card. Pre-provisioned for instant cellular network connection and simple, reliable setup (use user-supplied SIM card outside USA).
Data logged locally on an SD-card flash storage as redundant backup.
Solar charge regulator and power manager
Cellular antenna (optional external high-gain antenna available)
LED indicator array (visible through enclosure)
10 Ah Li-ion battery (under circuit board)
Connector port for solar panel (or AC/DC adapter). IP67-rated connector.
Expansion port for external high-gain antenna (must be specified at time of ordering—not user-installable.
Sensor connector port (expandable via sensor expansion adapter). IP67-rated connector.
Optional 5W solar panel and mount for up to 4” pipe.
- All-in-one integrated system for quick, reliable deployments.
- Waterproof and weatherproof packaging for deployment in harsh environments.
- Mounts directly to a pole, or it can be placed inside another enclosure with an externally mounted antenna.
- Supports SDI-12, analog, and pulse sensors, providing flexible deployment options.
- Integrated cellular transceiver with intelligent network connection management ensures low-power, extremely reliable data acquisition.
- Data logged locally on an SD flash storage card as redundant backup.
- Pre-provisioned for instant cellular network connection and simple, reliable setup (use user-supplied SIM cards outside USA).
- No software installation, simplifying your IT infrastructure.
- One year subscription to Stevens-Connect cloud hub software is included.
You won't find an all-in-one solution as powerful, flexible and easy-to-use as Avo anywhere.
monitoring application or type of sensor.
Whether you’re using Stevens sensors or sensors from another manufacturer, they’re fully compatible. Field-installable connectors can be used to adapt existing sensors on an existing station.
...and many more!
Connect any type of sensor. The number of sensors that can be connected is limited only by the total power load.
(0-2.5 V or 4-20 mA)
Our cloud-based data hub is incredibly powerful and incredibly intuitive. It’s used to configure your sensors’ logging and reporting settings. It stores and analyzes your data, notifies your smartphone when conditions are met, allows you to visually create custom calculations and “virtual sensors”, and it can receive and/or forward data from/to 3rd-party systems.
Avo is perfect for:
- Temporary sensor deployments where simplicity and quick assembly / disassembly are important.
- Linking existing sensors directly to the cloud.
- Any environmental monitoring application where minimizing complexity and maximizing reliability is important.
- Unified data interface experience: Sensor configuration, data storage, custom algebraic equations, custom data formats and forwarding, control, analysis, alarm notifications (email, SMS), reporting and actions all done with one simple cloud-based user interface.
- Easy configuration: Configure with any device connected to the Internet via the cloud-based Stevens-Connect. No custom programming or scripts required.
- Automated updates: Updates to firmware and cloud-based application can be automatic.
- Security: Three user access levels for configuration, data management interface and visualization. Data is saved on SD card and on the secured and redundant Amazon Cloud Services. Optional data encryption available.
- Connection verification: eTracker verifies connection with cell network and server connection before data is sent. If no connection is available or if data reception is not confirmed, data is saved and sent the next scheduled transmission.
- Data format flexibility: Optionally forward data in various formats for third party so ware platforms, like Aquarius or WISKI, and in other formats such as binary, pseudo-binary, SHEF, and more.
- Direct data access options: Third-party programs can access data using REST API or HTTP post.
3 steps to set up your station in minutes.
Connect solar panel.
Configure data handling (frequency, redundancy, destination) with a simple online GUI.*
*This step can be done anywhere, with any device.
Stevens’ MEASUREMENTS TO MIND strategy maximizes reliability of your remote monitoring network and makes it simple to connect your station directly to the cloud.
|Data Storage||Removable 2 GB SD memory card (FAT 32)|
|Non-volatile memory||All setup parameters|
|Logging interval||1 second to 24 hours (sensor dependent)|
|Reporting interval||2 minutes to 24 hours|
|Listen/trigger mode/idle||<2 mA|
|Data receive/store/prepare for transmission||150 mA|
|Data transmit||250 mA|
|Battery||10 Ah Li-ion|
|TX output power||24.3 dBm (270 mW)|
|Solar panel||5W, 12V|
4 analog channels, single-ended
Input type: 2 wire, 0 –2.5 V or4 - 20 mA current loop (accessible DIP switch)
Sensor power: 24 VDC switched (under firmware control)
Analog to digital (0-2.5 VDC): 21-bit resolution
2 pulse channels
Input type: Edge triggered
Maximum rate: 4 pulses per second
Number of sensors: up to 10 sensors
Sensor power: 12 VDC switched, during measurement
|Operating temperature||-20°C to 65°C (-4°F to 167°F). Battery won’t charge below 0°C.
-40°C to 75°C (-40°F to 167°F) with extended temperature option
|Storage temperature||-40°C to 85°C (-40°F to 185°F)|
|Lightning protection||AC transient voltage suppressor (TVS) on each sensor port input|
|Dimensions (H x L x W)||1.6” (4.1 cm) x 6.7” (17.0 cm) x 4.8” (12.2 cm)|
|Weight||10.78 oz (305.6 g)|
Shop Online / Inquire
Need more information? We’re here to help!
Tell us a bit about yourself and your question and we’ll get back to you ASAP.
US plug standard. Includes EU adapter.